15 Best Stock Footage Video Sites for 2023 [Free and Paid]
If you’re a video creator who wants high-quality stock videos for your projects, stock video sites can offer you the footage you need for commercial or personal use.
We put together 15 of the best stock footage sites where you can find royalty-free stock videos as well as other licensed content to realize your vision. They include free and paid options so you can get what you need at every price point.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Shutterstock includes millions of stock videos in both HD and 4k formats.
You can search for what you want easily, and there is a free trial so you’re sure you can find what you need!
Artgrid is a relatively new stock footage site that offers unlimited downloads.
Users love their high-quality, unique, and cinematic videos. It’s also very affordable for what you get!
FilmPac is great for filmmakers and creative professionals, as it allows you to search the cinematic footage by image type, collection, and even by model.
It offers HD and 4k clips at a reasonable yearly cost.
Adobe Stock is a great option for prolific video content creators who need high-quality and unique videos.
It’s not cheap, but it is affordable if you also need some of the other Adobe creative tools, such as After Effects or Premier Pro.
Pixabay offers a decent variety of stock video clips for free!
You may see the same videos elsewhere, but this is a great way to get started with video creation on a strict budget!
What is Stock Footage?
Stock footage is video clips that are pre-shot and edited to be included in other projects. The use of stock media extends to online content (YouTube & TikTok), commercial projects (TV & film), or other uses, like news reels.
What Are the Best Stock Footage Video Sites?
When deciding the best stock video sites to subscribe to, you’re looking for stellar stock footage archives, good customer care, and competitive pricing for team and enterprise subscriptions. The most popular stock footage sites include Shutterstock, Adobe Stock and Pixabay.
Here are our picks for the best stock video sites to find great stock videos for your film and video projects:
Shutterstock is a leading site for stock images that dominates Google image search results. What you might not know is that Shutterstock also ventured into the world of stock video, with an impressive library of millions of stock video clips to choose from.
- The video library contains over 28 million stock videos.
- The stock videos are categorized by genre, such as Animals/Wildlife, Buildings/Landmarks, Backgrounds/Textures, etc.
- HD and 4K footage for use in commercial projects.
- Standard and Enhanced video use licenses.
Shutterstock offers different pricing for video content based on whether you buy a pack of yearly downloads or get an All-in-One subscription.
The packs offer options of 5, 10, or 25 video downloads per year. They start at $299 for 5 SD video clips under their Standard license and go up to $2,669 for 25 Enhanced-license 4k videos.
As for the individual subscriptions, they’re either monthly, annually upfront, or annually with monthly billings. They start at ten credits per month and up to 750, with each video costing you ten credits.
You can get the cheapest credit packs by paying annually upfront. For the 750 credit pack, you pay $1,999, which sets you back $2.6 per credit. However, the All-in-One subscription only covers the Standard license and not the Enhanced license for videos.
For Enterprise subscriptions, the rates are offered by contacting Shutterstock directly.
A Shutterstock video subscription is quite pricey, but in return, you get high-quality stock footage you can use in any project. It makes more sense if you belong to a company that can get an Enterprise subscription, which allows Enhanced video licensing at lower rates.
Artgrid is a relatively new stock video site that also offers music and sound effects as part of its extensive collection. It’s quickly becoming a strong competitor for other, more established stock video websites that’ve been around for longer.
- A large library that has been categorized by collection for easier browsing.
- Available 4K and 8K video clips even in the intermediate subscription tier.
- All plans offer unlimited video downloads, lifetime use, coverage for all platforms worldwide, and YouTube monetization.
- Competitive pricing compared to other stock video sites.
- If you are a filmmaker, selling stock footage to them is an option too!
The Junior HD Plan for Artgrid gives you access to unlimited downloads of HD/H.264 videos for $19.99/month or $239.99/year
The Creator 4K Plan includes unlimited downloads of 4K/8K and Pro Res/DNxHR videos for $29.99/month or $359.99/year
The Pro RAW/LOG Plan gives you unlimited downloads of 4K/8K RAW/LOG videos in Pro Res/DNxHR for $49.92/month or $599/year
Artgrid is a wonderful option whether you’re:
- Still starting with basic videos
- A creator who wants a steady stream of high-quality, royalty-free stock video
- Part of a corporation with more sophisticated needs
You’ll likely find what you need at a reasonable subscription price.
To see my full review of this program, check out this article: Artgrid Review: Powerful Cinematic Stock Footage
FilmPac is a great source of cinematic stock video footage, offering high-quality clips across various genres and styles. With its diverse library of unique and professional footage, FilmPac has something to offer filmmakers of all skill levels.
- A searchable library of unique and professional footage provides something for filmmakers of all skill levels.
- File types are compatible with any editing software program.
- Clips are royalty-free and can be used in commercial projects.
- Easy downloads make it simple to get the content you need quickly and efficiently.
Creator Plan (good for YouTubers and Video Content Creators): $299 per year
Pro Plan (good for creative professionals): $499 per year
Team Plan: $999 per year
High quality video content creators and filmmakers should consider FilmPac for their stock footage needs. With a wide selection of quality cinematic clips, easy downloads, and flexible pricing options, it’s an ideal resource for anyone looking to find the perfect video clips to add impact to their projects.
4. Adobe Stock
Adobe is known for its industry-dominating software. However, it’s also becoming a sizeable player in the stock footage market through Adobe Stock, offering its own website of HD stock videos and other assets that you can access right within the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Royalty-free licensing, which allows for immediate use upon download.
- Creative Cloud integration for searching, previewing, and licensing stock video footage within Adobe apps.
- The search function is powered by Adobe Sensei, an artificial intelligence tool that matches your search terms with available stock videos.
Adobe Stock offers credit packages that cost as follows:
- 5 credits for $49.95
- 16 credits for $149.99
- 40 credits for $359.99
- 80 credits for $669.99
- 150 credits for $1,200.00
Where an HD video costs 8 credits and a 4K video costs 20 credits under the Enhanced license.
You can also get an annual subscription for
- $29.99 (paid monthly) for 10 standard assets or 1 HD video and a rollover of up to 120 unused credits
- $49.99 (paid monthly) for 25 standard assets or 3 HD videos and a rollover of up to 300 unused credits
- $199.99 (paid monthly) for 750 standard assets or 25 HD videos
Adobe Stock also offers Team and Enterprise subscriptions and credit packs with adjusted rates.
Adobe Stock Pros
Adobe Stock Cons
Adobe Stock is a serious option to consider if you have a team or a company that heavily relies on Adobe Creative Cloud apps. Although the pricing is quite high, you can get better deals with Adobe Stock when you’re sharing a Team or Enterprise subscription or credit pack.
5. Envato Elements
Envato Elements is one of the best stock video sites you can find because of its vast collection of media assets under one umbrella. It’s quickly become a leading stock media site thanks to the competitive pricing, versatility, and flexibility it offers to its customers.
- A huge library of 3.5 million stock videos and over 500K motion graphics templates.
- Affordable subscription bundles.
- One subscription gives you access to all Envato Elements assets for your projects. These include music tracks, sound effects, photos, graphics, and web templates.
Envato Elements offers an individual plan starting from $16.50, offering unlimited downloads of all assets on the website with a simple commercial license. Students get a 30% markdown for $11.50 per monthly subscription.
It also offers a Teams plan for 2–5 people that can get as low as $10.75 per person in a 5-member team.
As for Enterprise subscriptions, you should contact Envato Elements directly to get a quote.
Envato Elements Pros
Envato Elements Cons
Envato Elements is best for creators looking for a stock video site that also offers other assets to have a comprehensive toolbox for their projects. If you’re a web designer, web developer, or freelancer with such requirements, it’s worth checking out.
6. iStock by Getty Images
Getty Images is the largest stock and editorial image company in the world. Its subsidiary, iStock, currently offers stock video footage as well, giving it a larger share of the market and a chance to expand its user base even more.
- Millions of stock videos to choose from in SD, HD, and 4K.
- Flexible download options.
- Commercial royalty-free licensing is protected by iStock with a $10,000 guarantee.
- AI-backed search for precise results that match your terms closely.
iStock offers two modes to download HD stock videos, either with a monthly subscription or credit packs.
A premium photo + video subscription costs:
- $99/month for 10 downloads
- $165/month for 25 downloads
- $265/month for 50 downloads
As for the iStock credits, you can get an Essentials video clip for 6 credits (~$60) or a Signature video clip for 18 credits (~$170). The best value for credit packs is 300 credits for $2,400, coming in at $8 per credit instead of the usual $12.
As you can see, iStock is best for creatives looking for a high-quality experience with many diverse videos, no matter how much it costs. Choosing an iStock plan or credit pack, although a bit more expensive than other options, gives you access to an immense source of royalty-free stock clips for any application.
Depositphotos is a great option for creatives looking for high-quality, royalty-free videos. Founded in 2009, it’s just like other stock image sites that expanded lately to include stock video footage, making it a worthy contender of more established names in the game.
- Over 12 million high-quality uploaded videos.
- Competitive pricing includes HD and 4K clips, which usually cost more.
- Options for on-demand purchases, offering more flexibility without a long-term commitment.
You can either get a monthly or a yearly subscription for Depositphotos videos or buy each video on demand.
A monthly subscription can cost you:
- $89 for 5 Videos/month ($17.80 per video)
- $149 for 10 Videos/month ($14.90 per video)
- $239 for 25 Videos/month ($9.56 per video)
A yearly subscription costs:
- $899 for 5 Videos/month ($14.98 per video)
- $1,499 for 10 Videos/month ($12.49 per video)
- $2,399 for 25 Videos/month ($8.00 per video)
On-demand videos are priced based on the quality and the number of video clips you’re purchasing. They start from $19 for a single 240p video and reach $2,069 for a 25-pack of 4K video clips.
Depositphotos is a reasonable option for creatives with a constant demand for paid stock videos that are both affordable and high-quality. The website also rewards larger purchases with much better pricing and comprehensive clip packs.
Pond5 has the edge of being one of the best stock video websites that actually started in the stock footage business. It boasts a large library and features that make navigating the website a breeze, not to mention the fuss-free subscription options.
- Over 35 million premium and royalty-free clips to choose from.
- Great customer service with a 4.8 Trustpilot rating.
- Direct downloads outside of subscriptions at competitive prices.
Pond5 offers two options for video subscriptions that give you 10 downloads per month; either you choose:
- A monthly subscription for $199.90 (at $19.90/video)
- A yearly subscription for $999 (at $8.32/video)
You can also buy video clips directly from the site at $25–$450/clip for HD and 4K videos.
If you run a team or a company, contact Pond5 directly to get a quote on team subscription fees.
Pond5 is best for video creators who want to download HD stock videos at a great price point while supporting independent filmmakers.
Free stock video sites are hard to come by, but Pixabay is one of them, and it offers excellent material at that.
- A completely free stock video website with free HD stock footage.
- A simple commercial license with few limitations.
- HD and 4K video clips are available for free.
Pixabay is one of the few stock video sites that are entirely free with a license that covers the inclusion of stock videos in commercial projects and noncommercial use.
The only instances where use isn’t allowed are:
- Selling or redistribution of Pixabay content to other stock websites
- Selling physical copies of unaltered content from Pixabay
- Using the stock video to portray the subjects in a bad light or misleadingly sell a product or service
Pixabay is best for anyone looking for a free stock video website with decent-quality material and a royalty-free license.
Filmsupply closes a gap in the market for royalty-free footage aimed at corporations for internal and commercial purposes.
- Unique marketplace for corporate training material.
- Several licensing options for different uses.
Filmsupply is a commercial video platform, so the pricing reflects the different licensing tiers that companies could use. They are:
- Internal (Starting at $109 per clip), which covers internal meetings, training, and shareholder meetings
- Industrial (Starting at $219 per clip), which covers events, sales meetings, tradeshow displays, and in-store promos
- Web/Digital (Starting at $219 per clip), which covers website, social media, and web ads
- Extended Use (Priced per project based on a personalized quote), which covers TV/Broadcast, film, VOD, theatrical, video games, and the like
Filmsupply is best for corporations looking for a consistent source of good-quality footage.
Storyblocks offers more than stock videos. It also offers the building blocks for visual storytelling all under the same roof.
- HD Stock videos, music, photos, and other assets under one subscription.
- Competitive pricing for unlimited downloads.
For individual users, you can get one of three subscription tiers that fit your needs. These are:
- Starter for $15, giving you five monthly downloads and access to HD footage, music, photos, vectors, illustrations, and Maker Video Editor.
- Unlimited All Access for $30, giving you unlimited downloads and access to HD footage, 4K footage, After-Effects templates, music & sound effects, photos, vectors, illustrations, and Maker Video Editor.
- Pro for $35, giving you unlimited downloads and access to the previous tier’s perks, plus an Adobe Premiere Pro Plugin.
For beginners and veterans alike, Storyblocks is a one-stop shop for all your visual creator’s needs at competitive rates.
As part of the Envato Marketplace, Videohive is another decent website for royalty-free stock videos with an extensive library.
- One subscription for unlimited video and other asset downloads.
- Access to Envato Elements as part of the subscription.
- Competitive rates for teams and enterprises.
Videohive was acquired by Envato, so currently, it has the same subscription options as the Envato Elements site. That means the unlimited individual plan starts at $16.50 ($11.50 for students) and $10.75 for teams. For enterprise pricing, contact Envato Elements directly.
If you think Envato Elements is for you, then Videohive also won’t disappoint!
A newcomer to the game, Videvo is a less-established website for stock footage and royalty-free assets. It’ll likely either grow large or get acquired by one of the big shots in the industry.
- A library of over one million video clips, motion graphics, Adobe Premiere Pro templates, After Effects templates, royalty-free music, and sound effects.
- Different subscription tiers to fit all your needs.
Videvo has several options you can choose from when it comes to royalty-free videos:
- Videvo Lite: $7.99 per month (billed monthly) and offers 5 video downloads per month
- Videvo Plus: $14.99 per month (billed monthly) or $12 per month (billed annually) and offers 25 video and template downloads per month
- Videvo Pro: $24.99 per month (billed monthly) or $20 per month (billed annually) and offers 50 video, audio, and template downloads per month
A Videvo subscription is an alright decision if you’re after affordable stock video downloads, but the limited library leaves a lot to be desired.
BigStock is a website that offers some of the best stock videos and image options at an incredibly low price.
- High-quality video footage at some of the lowest rates on the market.
- Flexible download bundle for one-time project needs.
BigStock has three pricing plans for stock video subscriptions:
- $79/month: Gives you a limit of 5 videos/day, which is 150 videos per month. The cost is $0.53 per video.
- $99/month: Gives you a limit of 10 videos/day, which is 300 videos per month. The cost is $0.33 per video
- $79/month: You can also get 50 videos/month but with no daily limit. This option is more flexible but less cost-effective at $1.58 per video
Honestly, there are likely better budget options out there for those who need low-cost video clips.
RawFilm is one of the best stock video sites for commercial purposes thanks to its extensive license and overall versatility.
- Offers 8K footage, a rarity in the stock video world
- One licensing option to cover all your needs
- Collection-based browsing for visual coherence
RawFilm has one option for footage licensing that all the videos fall under, which gives you permission to use the footage for YouTube, TV, film, and streaming services, like Netflix.
The pricing is as follows:
- Single Clip: $49 for one clip
- Yearly: 1000 clips/year $69 per month ($828 paid annually)
- Monthly: 50 clips/month $79 per month
RawFilm is best for commercial video creators and video editors looking for consistent quality and straightforward licensing.
Another free stock video site with great quality finds Pexels offers video footage you can use for school projects as well as huge commercial projects.
- Offers completely free stock video clips under a simple commercial license.
- Unlimited access to all assets with no paid subscriptions.
- HD clips and 4K premium clips are available.
Pexels offers all of its royalty-free content, even HD footage, for free.
The license that covers the free stock video footage on Pexels allows personal and commercial use but draws the line at:
- Selling one of Pexels free stock videos to other stock video sites as your own
- Selling unaltered photos or videos as a digital or physical product
- Using the people in a free stock video to sell a product or service
Beginner content creators and online video editor specialists could greatly benefit from a free stock video website like Pexels for free clips of all qualities.
What Are Stock Footage Video Sites?
You’ve probably heard of stock images hosted on sites where you can search for the image you want and download it. Stock video sites have the same concept, where you search for clips you need for your project and download them for use in your content.
The great footage you find on stock video sites can either be free to use in a personal or commercial project or require a special license. The license can be limited to a single use, or you can get an extended license to reproduce the video and make money from it.
Common Questions About Stock Video Sites
What is the Best Stock Footage Site?
The best stock video site is the one that fits your requirements and matches your budget.
What is the Largest Stock Footage Library?
The current largest stock video footage library belongs to Pond5 with a whopping 35 million high-quality video clips.
What is the Cheapest Stock Footage Subscription?
At under $8 per month, Videvo is the cheapest stock video site subscription, not counting free sites like Pixabay and Pexels.
Where Can I Find Free Footage?
You can find free stock clips on websites like Pexels and Pixabay, as well as free downloads from paid video sites.
Wrap-Up: Best Stock Video Sites
Any video creator wants a large library where they can find great quality footage as well as templates for special effects to aid their visual storytelling. That’s why finding the best stock video websites can be such a gold mine for your creative process.
Whether you go for a big name like iStock, Shutterstock, and Adobe Stock or root for an underdog like Storyblocks and Videvo, you can find what you’re looking for on our list!