In our digital age, videos are becoming an increasingly important form of person-to-person communication.
Luckily, many great AI video editor software tools are on the market today. Many people are looking for faster, easier ways to create professional-looking videos, me included!
This article will review the top 11+ best AI video editor software tools and rate them on their best features, pricing, and pros and cons.
Neil Chase Film is supported by its readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you for your support!
InVideo is my favorite AI video editing tool overall! It has tons of features and will do almost any kind of AI video editing that you might need.
InVideo is fantastic for YouTubers, social media video editors, and any content creator who uses videos! You can try out the free version to make sure you love it!
This is one of the best video makers for talking head videos. I love how easy it is to automate video creation with this AI video creator tool.
It uses digital human avatars to create explainer videos, corporate videos, and even social media posts!
This software program is fantastic as it can take long-form video content and turn it into social media shorts quickly and easily!
Pictory is a good software program for automatic AI editing. It also has a free trial so you can check it out before buying.
Filmora Wondershare is my top pick for AI video editing beginners.
It is affordable, easy to use, and contains many video templates, graphics, and fun transitions. It’s a fantastic AI video maker!
This is my top choice for a budget AI video maker.
FlexClip starts at just $5.99 a month, and it has all the editing tools you need to get started! It’s fantastic for people who only need to edit a few videos.
For anyone looking to up their video editor game, many AI-powered film and video tools are available to make sure your projects stand out.
From automated facial recognition for tagging videos to the creative use of templates and sounds – these software tools have gone beyond revolutionary. Sleek audio filters, intuitive title effects, and a variety of color profiles offer the power to ease any project from concept to completion.
Whether you’re just getting started making videos or already a pro who wants to brush up on the latest advancements in video editing, AI-based software packages are worth considering for all your editing needs!
Let’s take a look at the top nine AI video editors and how they can help you create high quality videos!
1. Invideo – Best Overall
Invideo is my top choice overall for AI video editing. It has tons of templates and stock media to make video creation easy!
If you’re looking to create professional videos right on your computer, invideo is a great way to go.
You don’t need fancy equipment or knowledge of complicated video editing software - simply upload your videos or use existing footage, choose from a wide selection of templates and effects, and hit publish!
The sophisticated AI technology recognizes precisely what size and aspect ratio your video should be for the best viewing experience. No matter what device you play it on, your videos made with Invideo will always look sharp and stunning.
- Tons of Video Templates: Library of 50+ AI-based templates to easily convert text to video in just three steps - a huge time saver!
- Easy to Use: Invideo is simple to start using, even for users with no or minimal video editing experience.
- Stock Media Included: Royalty-free images and videos are available for creating high-quality videos without hours of searching.
- Uses AI: Artificial intelligence ensures that every video is unique and perfectly optimized for social media platforms or any other purpose.
Invideo now offers an "AI Talking Avatar" as part of its invideo AI offerings. This allows you to create digital human avatars that will speak the words of your video. Invideo also now offers an AI script generator to help you write your video script quickly and easily.
Invideo has three levels of pricing:
Free Plan - Create a 40-minute video with access to templates & media library, but your video contains a watermark.
Business - $15/month with 60 videos/month & no watermark on videos.
Unlimited - $30/month for unlimited videos each month.
Invideo is my top choice for the best AI video editing software due to its easy-to-use interface, huge stock video footage library, ability to add text-to-speech voiceovers, and affordable cost!
To see my full review of this program, check out this article: Invideo Review: An Easy-to-Use AI Video Generator.
2. DeepBrain - Best For Human Avatars
Deepbrain is a fantastic option for anyone who hates being on-camera and wants an AI digital avatar to do the talking for them! It uses ChatGPT to help you create a great video script, then voices the words and creates a moving, emotive "talking head"!
DeepBrain AI's cutting-edge AI video editor easily generates convincing human avatars for any project you might have. It is the ideal tool for content creators who want to use realistic AI human avatars to bring their stories or educational content to life.
DeepBrain uses cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology, and it's very easy to use!
- It's versatile: DeepBrain's video creation software is appropriate for various projects. It's great for instructional videos, training videos, commercials, and videos for social media.
- Cost- and time-efficient: By doing away with casting calls, auditions, and scheduling conflicts, you streamline your video production process and save time and money. It's also fantastic if you're not at ease in front of the camera!
- Lifelike avatars: Create realistic human avatars that closely match the characters you have in mind. Using digital avatars gives your videos more dimension and helps increase viewer engagement.
- Simple customization: Change the appearance and voice of your avatars to fit your individual needs and vision.
- Engage emotionally with your target audience: Using lifelike avatars that elicit actual feelings and reactions will improve audience connection with your content.
Deepbrain updated its software to its current 2.0 AI Studio version. The overall aim of the update was to enhance the ease of creating professional-grade videos. They also released updated AI meta-humans who can talk with potential customers in real-time conversations!
DeepBrain AI's pricing is affordable, especially at the Starter level.
Starter: Get up to 10 minutes of video per month (with access to 100+ different avatars and 80+ different languages) for $30 per month ($24/month if you pay yearly).
Pro: Get up to 90 minutes of video per month for $225 (or $180 if you pay yearly).
Enterprise Plan (Custom Pricing): contact DeepBrain to talk about your needs!
DeepBrain AI Pros
DeepBrain AI Cons
With the help of its cutting-edge AI digital avatar technology, DeepBrain AI is transforming the way marketers, businesses, and content producers approach the creation of talking head videos.
This ground-breaking tool saves you time and money by simplifying the video production process - no actors or cameras are needed! It's a fantastic resource for marketers and businesses looking to connect with their audience through engaging videos!
RELATED: You can read my full review of the Deepbrain AI software here!
3. Pictory - Best For Editing Shorts
Are you looking for the perfect AI video editing software for your short videos? Check out Pictory!
Pictory can help you create amazing videos with ease and accuracy. It's amazing for social media clips and YouTube videos, especially. It's one of the best AI video editors to create professional-looking videos as it's so easy to use.
Its AI-assisted editing capabilities help you automatically detect scenes, generate subtitles, and make corrections for any errors that might happen during the editing process.
- Easy to Use: An intuitive user interface for easy navigation and workflow (even for beginner video editors!).
- Uses AI for Video Editing: AI-assisted editing capabilities to detect, generate, and correct scenes, subtitles, and more. It can even turn text to video automatically from a blog post or article.
- Fix the Colors of Your Video: Automated color correction and enhancement feature.
- Motion Effects: Flexible time remapping options for creating slow or fast motion effects.
- Audio and Sound Features: Audio devices integration for adding soundtracks and voiceovers.
- Many Formats for Export: Supports a wide range of image, audio, and video formats for import/export.
Pictory AI has rolled out Getty integration, offering 10 million new royalty-free videos for premium users, and beefed up its AI for sharper video summaries in 10 additional languages - perfect for TikTok and Reels. Plus, they added 17 new video templates, new fonts and color choices, and 51 new hyper-realistic AI voices from Eleven Labs!
Standard Level: $19 per month - make up to 30 videos per month and up to 10 hours of video transcription (make sure to try the free trial of Pictory to make sure it's the AI video generator software you need!)
Premium: $39 per month - make up to 60 videos per month and up to 20 hours of video transcription
Pictory is one of the best AI video editing tools, and it helps you easily turn long-form content into beautifully crafted short videos.
Its user interface is super intuitive, so navigation and workflow are a breeze. Plus, it has awesome features like automated coloring and enhancement, time remapping capabilities, audio device integration, and more - all designed to let you easily create amazing videos!
To see my full review of this program, including a step-by-step description of how to create a short from a long-form video, check out this article: Pictory Review for Easy AI Video Creation
4. Filmora Wondershare - Best For Beginners
Filmora Wondershare is a great all-around AI video editing program for beginners. It's got more features and options than Pictory, and it lets you have tons of control over your video editing process. It's also super budget-friendly and works on mobile and desktop!
Looking to take your video editing skills to the next level? Filmora Wondershare is an AI-powered video editor software tool that provides a powerful yet intuitive experience.
You can easily create professional-quality videos with great features like automated color correction, motion tracking, and the reduction of noise. Whether you’re new to video editing or have filmmaking experience, Filmora Wondershare makes creating videos with stunning visuals easy and fun (no green screen needed!).
- Automated Color Correction: The AI tool provides an accurate color to bring out the best in your video footage.
- Motion Tracking: This helpful feature allows you to track objects within your videos for enhanced editing accuracy.
- Noise Reduction: Reduce background noise from your video files for a higher-quality final product.
- Custom Transitions: Choose from various effects to liven up your scenes.
- Titles and Graphics: Add professional-looking titles and graphics with ease.
- Audio Effects: Apply various audio effects to enhance sound quality.
- Edit on desktop or mobile: Switching between the two is easy!
Filmora released Version 12 of their video editing software, which allowed for multi-platform support and increased the speed of rendering.
Annual Plan: $49.99/year
Cross-Platform Plan: $59.99/year
Perpetual Plan: $79.99 (one-time payment, including 12 updates)
Filmora Wondershare Pros
Filmora Wondershare Cons
You can easily create stunning visuals with the Filmora Wondershare AI video creator. From automated coloring to motion tracking, the built-in AI tools help you easily achieve professional-level results.
Filmora is my overall choice as an AI video editing tool for beginners, as it has the features most people need to edit their videos quickly and easily, and it's very budget-friendly!
5. FlexClip - Best Budget Video Editor
Flexclip is a great video editing program if you just want a simple, bare-bones video editor that works! It's great for simple video editing projects, and it's especially great for those on a budget.
Want to make your videos stand out? Try the FlexClip video maker! It's an AI-powered editor that makes creating professional-looking videos easier than ever.
Automated processes and intuitive features will help you get more from your footage without spending hours refining it.
- Time-Saver: Choose from thousands of ready-to-use video templates.
- User-Friendly: Customize videos effortlessly with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Visual Enhancement: Boost your video's appeal with animation effects, color corrections, and motion graphics—all in a flash!
- Audio Perfection: Craft the right mood by composing music that aligns with your video's emotion and message.
- Smart Voiceover Assistance: Utilize natural language processing (NLP) for spot-on grammar, spelling, and formatting in voiceover scripts.
- Endless Media Resources: Dive into a vast library of royalty-free photos, images, audio tracks, and stock media footage.
- Adaptable Formats: With automatic scaling, your videos will be a perfect fit for any platform.
- Cloud-Based Efficiency: Being cloud-powered, FlexClip ensures smooth operation without hogging your computer's resources.
FlexClip has added new features to make video editing even better. Now, you can change how fast parts of your video move with the Speed Curve tool. With Rich Text Editing, you can play around with how your text looks in your video.
The Color Picker helps you choose colors that will look great, the Export Frame feature lets you quickly make a picture from a video scene, and Fast Cut Editing lets you cut videos really precisely. Plus, you can now use the same media files again from cloud storage, making video making faster.
There are four pricing levels for FlexClip:
Free: Create a low-res, watermarked video of up to one minute.
Plus: $9.99 per month
Business: $19.99 per month
FlexClip is best for anyone looking for a cloud-based AI video editor to create professional-quality videos easily. Its AI-powered video editor lets users quickly and easily edit their footage with various text, graphics, transitions, and animations.
Plus, users can take advantage of FlexClip’s AI-generated captions and audio to ensure their videos look great and sound great.
6. Synthesia - Runner-up for AI Avatars
Synthesia is another great program if you want to create videos using human-looking digital avatars.
Looking to create professional videos quickly? Synthesia video editing tool is here to help. This video editor offers intuitive tools and automated processes to make video creation easy.
With Synthesia, you can turn any blog post or article into an engaging story with just a few clicks. Plus, the AI technology can automatically add effects, music, and more – helping you edit videos faster than ever.
- Cost-Effective Production: Eliminate the need for human actors and expensive video equipment with AI avatars.
- Efficient Content Creation: Transform text scripts into videos automatically, saving time and effort.
- Customizable Content Options: Import your content or choose from Synthesia's extensive media library, allowing for a personalized video experience.
- Versatile Video Editing: Merge different visuals seamlessly with multi-track editing for a comprehensive visual story.
- Extensive Media Library: Access millions of royalty-free graphics, audio tracks, and templates, giving you a wide variety of creative options.
- Enhanced Script Quality: Use NLP tools to refine your script by automatically detecting and correcting grammatical, spelling, and formatting mistakes.
- Professional-Quality Videos: Add a polished touch with animation effects, color correction, and other advanced editing features.
- If you like the idea of using AI to create digital avatars but want to see more options, you can check out my article on 7+ great alternatives to Synthesia.
Synthesia has recently expanded its offerings with 140+ AI presenters and voiceovers in 130+ languages for diverse video content, introduced over 60 new video templates for quick and easy video creation, and released an updated version of their STUDIO app to streamline video creation from a browser.
Synthesia's personal video making AI service for AI avatars is priced at $30 per month.
Synthesia is the easiest video maker for creatives and professionals looking for powerful, easy-to-use AI video editing and AI avatar generator capabilities. The platform has an AI-powered drag-and-drop video editor making it incredibly easy to create high-quality videos with human-looking AI faces, titles, effects, music, and voiceover in minutes.
To see my full review of this program, check out this article: Synthesia.io Review: A Powerful AI Video Generator
7. Lumen5 - Best For B2B Online Marketers
Lumen5 is a great content repurposing tool for marketers. Use it to create high-quality videos from blog posts or to edit your existing videos.
Lumen5 is an AI-driven video editor designed for easy and quick video creation. Turn blog posts into captivating videos effortlessly with automated tools that simplify and speed up editing.
- Leverage AI to quickly and easily create stunning visuals.
- Generate a range of video styles, from professional-quality motion graphics to interactive stories.
- Access to high-quality audio and video libraries.
- Ability to customize videos with your own media or stock photos and audio files.
- Automatically scale videos to fit any platform.
Lumen5 recently introduced support for five new languages for automatic captions and the ability to create long-form videos (up to 10 minutes). They also added icons that you can drag and drop onto the screen to help explain concepts in videos.
There are four levels of pricing for Lumen5:
Community: Free version of the AI software - videos contain watermarks, and the quality is lower (720p resolution)
Basic: $19 per month - no watermarks on your videos!
Starter: $59 per month - you can use their stock photos and videos, and the video resolution is higher (1080p)
Professional: $149 per month - includes brand kits, custom watermarks, and more!
Lumen5 is ideal for business-to-business marketers looking to take advantage of AI-powered video editing.
This powerful platform provides the tools needed to quickly create stunning videos with minimal effort, making it perfect for busy entrepreneurs, marketers, and business owners who don't have the time or resources to create complex visuals from scratch.
8. Wisecut - Best Free Version
Looking for a video editor that's both powerful and intuitive? One AI video editing program to check out is the Wisecut video editing software. This AI-driven video editor offers all the features of traditional video editing tools, plus automated processes to help you quickly create professional quality videos.
With Wisecut, you can easily add effects, music, and more – helping you get the most out of your content without breaking a sweat.
- The software automatically adds music to match the video’s emotion and message.
- Choose from millions of royalty-free audio files available.
- The AI algorithms detect pauses in your videos and edit them automatically - this helps your videos be shorter and more concise.
- Uses AI and facial recognition to "punch in" on faces when doing jump cuts - this makes videos look more professional, and it looks like you have used two different cameras (when really, you only used one!).
- Use Wisecut to quickly and automatically transform your long-form content videos into shorts.
Wisecut has three main pricing options:
Forever Free: 30 minutes per month of low-resolution video editing
Starter: 4 hours per month of medium-resolution video editing
Professional: 10 hours per month of high-resolution video editing
Wisecut is an AI-powered video editor ideal for both beginners and professionals. It effortlessly enhances videos with features like captions, transitions, and music.
Advanced algorithms remove pauses, integrate background tunes, and provide captions, ensuring efficient creation of professional-quality videos.
9. RawShorts - Best For Explainer Videos
Looking for a top-notch video editing tool that’s easy to use? Check out the RawShorts video maker! This awesome, AI-powered video editor makes creating videos a breeze.
RawShorts is fantastic for people who need to create explainer videos with stock footage or turn a blog post into an animated or "sketched" video.
- Create professional-looking business videos at lightning speed with AI-driven video templates.
- Personalize your videos by editing text, images, music, and sound effects.
- Choose from millions of royalty-free graphics, audio, and templates available.
- Include voiceover and add subtitles to enhance the viewer’s experience.
- Leverage natural language processing (NLP) to automatically correct grammar, spelling, and formatting errors in voiceover scripts (this is a very helpful feature!).
- Enhance visuals with animation effects, color correction, and more.
- Create interactive elements in your videos with animated links and CTAs.
RawShorts has a great free trial option, but you'll need to buy the "essential" plan to create higher-resolution videos.
Essential Plan: $20 per month
Business Plan: $30 per month
RawShorts is best for marketers, entrepreneurs, and creatives who need fast and easy AI video editing capabilities. Its automated video editor lets users easily create stunning videos with beautiful templates, animations, and effects in minutes.
RawShorts is also fantastic if you want to create "whiteboard" style sketched explainer videos.
10. Adobe Premiere Pro - Best Professional Program
Looking for a hassle-free video editing experience? Try Adobe Premier Pro AI Video Editor from Adobe Creative Cloud!
This AI-driven tool ensures quick, user-friendly video creation, offering automated features that save time and deliver professional results.
- Unified Editing: Master video clips let you seamlessly apply changes across multiple projects, especially when paired with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Smart Audio Enhancements: AI-driven features offer auto-ducking, noise reduction, and speech clarity.
- Effortless Titles & Captions: AI-powered text tools make styling a breeze.
- Face Detection: Advanced AI technology detects faces within video sequences effortlessly.
- Custom Coloring: Craft your perfect visual mood with color wheels, curves, and more.
- Precise Object Tracking: Motion tracking ensures accurate tracking of on-screen elements.
- Swift Search: Find your assets quickly with the intelligent search engine.
Premiere Pro Plan: Starting at $20.00 per month
Adobe Creative Cloud (Access to All Adobe Apps): starting at $54.99 per month
Adobe Premiere Pro Pros
Adobe Premiere Pro Cons
Adobe Premiere Pro is best for anyone looking for an AI-enhanced video editing experience. Its powerful artificial intelligence algorithms allow users to quickly and efficiently edit their videos with various text, graphics, transition effects, and animations.
And with its advanced deep learning technology, the platform offers superior tracking capabilities and object recognition to provide even more detailed video editing results. Additionally, users can use Adobe’s audio and visual effects to ensure their videos look and sound great.
Adobe Premiere Pro is best accessed through a subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud.
11. Magisto - Good for Hobbyist Video Editors
Looking for hassle-free video creation? Try Magisto AI Video Editor! With its advanced features, automation, and AI technology, it is a perfect tool for creating stunning videos effortlessly.
- AI Transformation: Convert everyday videos into breathtaking movies effortlessly.
- Narrative Enhancements: Craft compelling stories with captions and smooth transitions.
- Dynamic Additions: Infuse life into your videos with animated titles and graphics.
- Face Detection: Advanced AI deep learning detects faces seamlessly within video sequences.
- Precise Tracking: Motion tracking ensures accurate follow-through of objects on the screen.
- Smart Music Selection: An intelligent search engine to pinpoint the ideal music track for your video's mood.
100+ new video templates, 50+ new fonts, more options for text design, and much more!
Magisto has three pricing options (the following prices are all if you pay yearly):
Premium: $4.99 per month
Professional: $9.99 per month
Business: $34.99 per month
Magisto is one of the best AI-powered video editors for content creators who want to quickly and easily produce high-quality videos with AI-powered technology. The platform's artificial intelligence algorithms allow users to automatically edit their footage with text, graphics, transitions, animations, and more.
Users can ensure their videos look and sound great with its advanced audio capabilities and AI-generated captions.
AI video editor software tools are an innovative technology quickly becoming popular with digital content creators and online business owners.
Unlike traditional editing, AI video editors use artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to automate various post-production video editing processes, such as noise reduction and color grading.
While these software programs have become a promising alternative to traditional video editing techniques, they also provide many distinct advantages. For example, you can get much faster results when editing footage because they automatically identify objects in the video and make changes in a split second.
Additionally, these tools can help simplify the AI video editing process by taking care of mundane tasks like cropping and scaling images or video clips so that you can focus on the fun stuff (the aesthetics and design elements!) instead.
I've found that artificial intelligence video creation is useful for demo videos, branded videos for companies, personalized videos using avatars, and much more! Each tool allows you to create unique videos without spending hours editing.
All in all, AI video editors are revolutionizing how we produce video content today!
What is the best AI video generator?
With its advanced tools and robust AI capabilities, InVideo is a leading choice for crafting videos using stock media assets such as images and videos. It makes creating "faceless" videos super easy! On the other hand, DeepBrain AI excels at producing and editing videos with AI digital avatars, eliminating the need for cameras or actors.
How to create AI videos?
Creating great videos is easier than you think! Just use AI video-editing software like Pictory, Invideo, or DeepBrain to create visuals from data and text instantly. Additionally, you can add voiceover and personalized music for effect. You'll be able to mix the elements of your video for maximum creativity. Best of all, AI video editing tools are cost-effective, so you don't need to hire expensive professionals to get stunning results.
Can AI replace video editors?
While AI can streamline certain video editing tasks, human creativity remains essential when creating and editing videos. AI lacks genuine creativity and can't think outside its programming. Even as AI advances, it won't fully replace human video editors - but it will complement them in producing high-quality content.
What is video editing?
Video editing is the art of assembling, refining, and enhancing raw footage to create a cohesive and compelling narrative. It involves cutting sequences, adding transitions, and implementing various video effects to improve visual storytelling. This meticulous process transforms raw video footage into polished, high-quality videos, enhancing visual storytelling and viewer engagement.
The possibilities given by AI-powered video editors are immense! From automatically color-grading films to creating nature sounds, these tools for filmmakers provide an incredible range of possibilities to help you bring your creative vision to life.
Whether you’re a budding filmmaker, a creative artist, or a business looking to make an impact with high-quality +video content, there’s an AI video editor to help you. In addition, you can always play around with AI voice-over generators and AI video upscaling software programs to make your video content even better!
I hope this article has helped you decide which of the top AI video editors you'd like to try for your next film, short film, or traditional video creation project! And, you can check out this article if you need some tips on video editing.
Looking for more AI assistance for your creative projects? Check out these other helpful articles: