Ever heard the saying, ‘Work smarter, not harder?’
Well, artificial intelligence (AI) is the new smart, especially in the world of animation!
Instead of painstakingly crafting each animation sequence and 3D model, these fantastic AI animation generators are here to lend a hand. Just provide some ideas for your vision, and these smart tools will bring your imagination to life.
The potential? Think of text inputs transforming into full-blown, customizable animation videos. Sounds like magic, right?
Vyond is easy for beginners to use and includes an AI video script generator and lots of character and background templates!
Neural Frames creates unique digital art videos from just a text prompt! It’s great for music videos and advertisements too!
Deepbrain is a fantastic video generator that creates AI videos with digital “human” avatars. No need for actors or a video camera!
VideoScribe is a great option for short animated videos! It’s easy to use and creates cute animations.
Renderforest allows you to make AI-assisted videos, whiteboard videos, logos, and graphic designs.
But with so many AI text-to-video options being released into the digital landscape, which ones truly stand out?
In this article, we will rank and review the 11+ best AI animation generator tools on the market. We will base our rankings on features, use cases, pros, cons, and pricing. Let’s get started!
What Are the Best AI Animation Generators?
AI animation generators are computer programs that use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create animations. Some use relevant keywords or image inputs, while other animation software can work from scratch.
The best AI animation generators can build presentations, slideshows, marketing or branding content, promo videos or ads, 3D models, explainer videos, whiteboard videos, and even post-production VFX. These can help you create anything visually appealing and informative.
AI animation software saves you time and money. It lets you focus on creativity, business goals, marketing plans, film production, branding, and more, rather than on filming and acting on camera!
Let’s take a look at the best AI animation generators you can use and what each is for.
1. Vyond – Best Overall
Vyond, formerly GoAnimate, is an excellent AI animation software for creating animations that capture viewers’ attention.
Animated videos made with Vyond are perfect for audience engagement in marketing, eLearning, or training courses.
You can also use Vyond-generated animation videos for your social media channels and business websites.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Perfect for L&D training courses, explainer videos, sales pitch videos, and eye-catching marketing content
- 50+ layers and filters for creating artwork and animated videos
- Vector tweeting means you won’t need to tweet manually
- The Automatic Lip-Sync function lets you sync voiceovers to character animations
Vyond has four premium plans: Essential, Premium, Professional, and Enterprise.
The Essential Plan costs $49/month ($25/month when billed annually) but comes with a watermark on the bottom left of the videos.
The Premium Plan costs $89/month ($54/month when billed annually) and removes the watermark.
The Professional Plan costs $179/month ($83 per month when billed annually) and gives access to the most premium features, including collaborations and branding options.
The Enterprise Plan is a customizable plan for businesses.
Vyond is one of the best animation generators for anyone looking to educate, engage, or sell better. It can help you bring your message to life with the perfect animated video and voiceover. It’s easy to use and includes lots of AI features, such as a script generator and rough-cut video generator.
Vyond introduced Vyond Go, an innovative tool designed to accelerate instructional design and make the creation of professional animated videos more accessible. There was also an update to the Text to Speech feature. Now, users can control voice pitch and speed and add other customizations.
2. Neural Frames – Best For Digital Art Videos
The Neural Frames AI Animation Generator is a transformative tool that can reshape the animation process. This innovative software simplifies creating digital video art, allowing you to focus on storytelling and concept creation. It can help you turn your ideas into captivating animations quickly and easily!
- Unleash Your Creativity: With Neural Frames, there’s no limit to your imagination. It takes your text prompts and turns them into creative digital art videos – whether you’re aiming for abstract art or hyper-realistic scenes, it’s all possible with just a few words!
- Musical Magic: This tool is a dream come true for music lovers. Upload your song, and Neural Frames will dissect it into stems. Now, you can modulate your video based on different elements of your song. It’s like having an AI digital audio workstation for video.
- Easy to Use: Want to place an object in a particular setting? Or create an animated character of yourself? With Neural Frames, it’s as easy as pie. And you don’t need to shoot anything.
Free Trial: Create up to 6 seconds of video (but your video will have a watermark).
Neural Navigator ($19 per month): Get up to 12 minutes of video with 720p upscaling to make it look great!
Neural Knight ($39 per month): Get up to 36 minutes of video with 1080p upscaling.
Neural Ninja ($99 per month): Get unlimited video generation minutes along with amazing 4k upscaling!
Neural Frames is a very unique AI animation program that can help you produce digital art videos from just an idea. You tell it your idea, and it will create a fantastic prompt for the AI video generator to use. You can create music videos easily, or create a video using an image of your product!
3. DeepBrain – Best For AI Avatars
DeepBrain is an AI Avatar generator software that businesses and marketers love. It makes creating training, explainer, and how-to videos quick and easy – no actors or cameras required!
- Photo-Realistic AI Avatars: The authenticity and realism of DeepBrain AI avatars lend an air of professionalism to your videos, rivaling the performances of real-life actors.
- Efficiency: With DeepBrain AI, you can reduce time and costs by up to 80%. It’s a great choice if you’re looking to produce high-quality videos while conserving resources.
- Customizable Avatars: DeepBrain AI offers custom-made AI avatars, enabling you to maintain a consistent brand identity across all your video content. You can tailor your avatar to represent your brand perfectly.
- Multilingual Capabilities: DeepBrain AI breaks language barriers by providing multilingual support with its AI-generated voices. Now, it’s easy to reach a global audience with your video content!
DeepBrain AI Studios is fantastic for small and large businesses who want to create training or explainer videos using AI avatars. You just tell DeepBrain what you’d like to talk about in your video, and it will use ChatGPT to create a video script. Choose your AI-generated voice, avatar, and background and the software takes just a few minutes to create your video!
For more information, you can read my full review of DeepBrain here!
4. VideoScribe – Best For Short Videos
VideoScribe is a popular whiteboard animation software that animators and social media specialists love.
This AI animation generator can help you create animated videos and marketing content for social media platforms.
VideoScribe is especially popular when it comes to promo video creation and educational animations. Tons of educational platforms and NGOs use VideoScribe to bring their message or content to life with stunning graphics and professional animations.
- AI animation software generates images, text, and music, which can be integrated during live video editing
- Video creation without watermarks with premium plans
- MP4 downloadable videos which can be directly uploaded to social media platforms
- Various account privacy settings are available
- Tutorials are available for digital creators without technical or design skills
- Whiteboards-supported features such as pens, erasers, and other accessories
VideoScribe gives you a free 7-day trial without having to enter your credit card details. At the end of the period, there are three plans to choose from: Monthly, Annual, or Teams.
The monthly plan costs $17.50/month and gives you full access to all premium content. The annual plan gives you the same access but costs $8 a month (billed annually), saving you a little over 50%.
You can contact their sales team for a Teams Plan quotation if you’ll work in teams or collaborate.
VideoScribe is best for creating whiteboard-based AI animations. It’s for users who regularly create animated videos for promotions, marketing, and social media.
You can check out my article all about how to create a whiteboard video here!
5. RenderForest – Best All-In-One for Business
RenderForest is among the top AI animation generators for business owners and web designers.
It’s a powerful branding tool for creating animation and logos using artificial intelligence.
With RenderForest you can fast-track time-consuming business components like graphics, logos, and mockups. It’s an all-in-one branding platform where you can create traditional animation videos for promotions and brand identity kits.
- Logo design and creation using machine learning and artificial intelligence
- 50,000+ unique artwork files
- 100+ mobile-friendly web design templates for inspiration
- Video animation templates for slideshows, intros, explainer videos, logo animations, business presentations, and animated infographics
RenderForest comes with a free-forever plan that supports up to 360p video quality and access to limited templates.
You can also upgrade to one of three premium plans: Lite, Pro, and Business.
The Lite Plan costs $14.99/month (or $9.99 billed annually) and supports HD720 videos with over a million templates.
The Pro Plan costs $29.99/month (or $19.99 billed annually) with HD1080 quality videos and 5M+ stock footage, music, and photos.
The Business Plan costs $49.99/month (or $29.99 billed annually) and gives you access to 4K quality, collaborative options, a reseller license, and tons of exclusive features.
RenderForest is best for business owners and web designers who want to bring their brand to life with eye-catching designs, logos, and animation videos.
6. Doodly – Best For Whiteboard Videos
Doodly is another AI animation generator that creates whiteboard-animated videos.
It’s mainly used for explainer videos in marketing, educational courses, and YouTube videos.
Doodly is compatible with Mac and Windows, and you can use it without an internet connection.
- Offers tons of animation video templates and royalty-free images
- Create endless whiteboard, blackboard, and glass-board doodle videos
- It lets you add music and audio or record voiceover
- AI photo background remover
- Turns pictures into sketched animation videos
- The downloadable app works without an internet connection
With Doodly, you only have to make a one-time payment fee of $69 without any monthly charges. They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Doodly is best for sketch and whiteboard-based AI animation without paying a monthly fee.
7. Moovly – Best For Marketing Videos
Moovly is one of the easiest AI animation generators to use. It’s an intuitive, simply designed online platform for video creation and editing.
Even beginners and first-time animators can create high-quality videos in minutes using its AI animation technology.
Marketers love using Moovly to create professional ads and branding content on the spot.
- Images, audio, and graphics editing tools for high-quality video creation
- Intuitive web-based AI animation software
- Collaborative sharing options are available with timestamped feedback and comments on videos
- Video and ad templates are available for marketing and product branding
- Automated conversion of audio to subtitles
- Unlimited video length when creating animations
Moovly offers two plans for individuals: Pro and Max.
The Pro Plan costs $99/month (or $33.25 billed annually) and gives you access to many premium features, though limiting your video downloads to 25 per month.
The Max Plan costs $199/month (or $49.92 billed annually) and includes exclusive features like screen and webcam recording and automated video translation. You also get up to 50 monthly video downloads.
Moovly is best for beginner animators or marketers who want intuitive, easy-to-use animation software to create ads or brand videos.
8. Animaker – Best For Beginners
Animaker is an excellent AI animation generator for entry-level beginners, professionals, and non-designers.
Using the handy AI-integrated tools, you can create animation videos and edit live-action videos within seconds.
Animaker comes with over 1,000 templates for AI animation videos and allows you to resize the final product to suit different social media platforms.
- DIY-style AI animation generator for GIFs, animated videos, and live video editing
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop tool
- Cloud-based and utilizes HTML and Adobe Flash for AI animation
- MP4 extension downloads and video resize capability
- Direct upload is available to social media platforms, including Facebook and YouTube
- Thousands of templates for map, property, icon, chart, and character animation
- Google Chrome extension available
Animaker comes with a free trial, after which you can upgrade to any of the four premium plans. They are Basic, Starter, Pro, and Enterprise.
Basic plan: Costs $10/month and comes with the following features:
- HD quality videos
- 2 GB storage
- Video length: 5 mins
- 5 premium downloads per month
- 5 custom characters per month
Starter plan: Costs $19/month and comes with the following features:
- FHD quality videos
- 10 GB storage
- Video length: 15 mins
- 10 premium downloads monthly
- 15 custom characters monthly
Pro plan: Costs $49/month and comes with the following features:
- 4k quality videos
- 100 GB storage
- Video length: 30 mins
- 30 premium downloads monthly
- 30 custom characters monthly
Enterprise plan: You can contact Animaker for a customizable package or a separate business quotation.
Animaker is best for beginners or professional-level animators who want to create live-action videos, GIFs, and brand-specific content.
9. Powtoon – Best For Educators
Powtoon is a handy AI animation software that lets you create amazing slideshows and presentations.
With just a few clicks, you can merge pre-created objects, images, audio, and voiceovers into the perfect animated video presentation.
Powtoon users don’t need any technical skills or knowledge to generate animations. It’s fairly intuitive, and there are tons of ready-to-go templates.
- Watermarks removal with premium plans
- Beginner-friendly and almost anyone can create quality animation videos in minutes
- There’s an offline mode available for download
- Tons of ready-to-go AI animation templates
Powtoon comes with 3 different premium plans, each with a discounted price when billed annually.
The Lite Plan costs $50/month (or $15/month billed annually) and allows five monthly exports of videos up to 10 minutes each.
The Professional Plan costs $190/month (or $40/month billed annually), which is expensive but gives you unlimited exports of up to 20 minutes.
Marketers might benefit from the Business Plan, which offers various custom animation characters, logos, and fonts. It costs $1,500/year (equal to $125/month) and is only available in annual payments.
Powtoon is best for animators who want to create stunning slideshows and presentations. The AI animation software gives you ready-made templates and tools for making captivating animated videos.
10. Blender – Best Free Animation Generator
Blender is a free, open-source AI animation software for 3D modeling, character animation, video editing, and animations.
VFX professionals use it to render high-quality videos and feature films.
Blender takes cinematic storytelling, visual effects, and motion graphics to another level with its 2D and 3D pipeline range.
Animators require some technical knowledge to create a professional-looking animated video, but beginners can learn through online tutorials.
- A powerful tool for ultra-realistic rendering that uses high-end production path tracers
- Tools for sculpting, rigging, simulation, retopology, modeling, and scene design
- Supports both 3D and 2D pipelines
- A free and open-source AI animation software for video creation
- Allows you to import and track raw footage, mask areas, and see camera movement in 3D scenes
- Full freedom to create everything you want in an animated video, all in one app
- Game developers can use Blender’s powerful engine for a wide variety of game design functions
Blender is open-source and free. There aren’t any premium plans, so you can use it free of charge forever.
Blender is best for professionals who know how to use rendering, rigging, story art, VFX, modeling, or sculpting to create animated videos. This AI animation software provides a comprehensive set of video creation tools that can create magic in the right hands.
11. Raw Shorts – Best For Text-to-Video
Raw Shorts is an AI animation software that converts text to animation videos in seconds.
It works as a video maker and editor simultaneously, saving you hours spent tailoring branding, marketing, and explainer content for your business.
Raw Shorts analyzes relevant keywords in your video script and combines voice narration, media, images, and audio to create your animation. You can then edit and fine-tune the Raw Shorts draft to suit your audience.
- Sequence scanning support using the GTS scanning tool
- Scanning modes include black and white, colored, and with or without binarization
- It offers tons of animation effects, such as changing picture styles and affected incident light
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface along with user-friendly keyboard shortcuts
- Templates available for inspiration as well as a DIY video maker mode
- Text-to-speech and dynamic charts features are available
Raw Shorts Pros
Raw Shorts Cons
Raw Shorts is one of the best AI animation generators for short explainer videos, animations, and promo videos. Its simple drag-and-drop builder makes it easy for anyone to create stunning animated videos.
12. Steve.ai – Best For VoiceOvers
Steve.ai is perhaps the top AI animation software for automated video-making using text.
It creates live-action and animated videos using text inputs and artificial intelligence.
Steve.ai takes care of scripting, editing, and publishing so you can spend more time on creativity.
It’s used by major global brands, including Visa, Target, Mcdonald’s, and GSK Pharmaceuticals.
- Blog, Voice, or Photo-to-Video Maker
- Video Ad Maker, Cartoon Video Maker, and Social Video Maker using scripts
- Easy-to-use interface for beginner to expert animators
- Instantly repurpose blogs to videos in seconds with just a URL
Steve.ai comes with a free trial plan, but you’ll be stuck with watermarks and an outro.
But you can upgrade to one of four premium plans: Basic, Starter, Pro, or Enterprise. Each plan has its own unique set of premium tools.
The Basic Plan costs $20/month (or $15/month billed annually) but has limited features.
The Starter Plan costs $60/month, but you can save about 25% with the annual plan ($45/month billed annually).
The Pro plan is the most expensive at $80/month ($60/month billed annually) but offers the most features.
There’s also a customizable Enterprise plan for businesses and teams.
Steve.ai is best for animators who want an AI video generator to create stunning visuals using text or script inputs.
13. Autodesk Maya – Best For 3D Animation
Autodesk Maya is a 3D computer animation and modeling software that uses AI animation technology to bring characters to life.
It has intuitive modeling tools that create ultra-realistic effects and even designs everyday objects like jewelry and cars.
- AI animation software for virtual reality, UV mapping, low poly, and motion graphics
- Used by filmmakers to create high-quality visual effects and 3D animations
- Game developers use its 3D modeling tools to create realistic game environments
- Highly customizable workflow that supports scripting and APIs
Autodesk Maya offers a free trial app with limited features. You can then upgrade to a premium subscription that costs $225 paid monthly, $1,785 annually, or $5,085 every three years.
Autodesk Maya Pros
Autodesk Maya Cons
Autodesk Maya is best for professional animators who want to create expansive worlds, complex characters, and dazzling visual effects. Game developers, post-production experts, architects, and more can utilize its endless 3D modeling capabilities.
14. Synthetik – Best For Digital Creatives
Synthetik (also known as Synthetik Studio Artist) is one of the best AI animation generators for painters and artists.
You can use Synthetik for drawing and creating animations, art, NFTs, and more, all with one click.
- Contains an embedded model of the human visual cortex for realistic paintings and drawings, not just a filter
- Automatic, assisted, and manual modes depending on your level of experience
- Automatic video to animation rotoscoping
- Photos to instant vector art
- AI-generated abstract art and generative art make it perfect for making NFTs
- A downloadable app that’s compatible with Windows and Mac
Synthetik has a forever-free trial that comes with watermarks and restricted canvas size. To upgrade, you can make a one-time payment of $199 and download the app’s premium version.
Synthetik is best for artists and painters who want to create artwork using AI animation generators in seconds.
15. GliaStar – Best For Animating a Brand Mascot
GliaStar is one of the most popular AI animation generators for converting text to animation.
This AI-powered video creation tool can create a brand character or mascot with facial expressions and puppet emotive expressions in seconds. All it needs is text input.
GliaStar is a great tool for education and training videos, social media content, commercial videos, presentations, and branding kits.
- Converts a 2D or 3D visual design into a 3D animated character
- Text-to-animate feature
- Auto-animations for facial expressions and body gestures using artificial intelligence
- Lip synchronization for spoken text provides an ultra-realistic touch to characters
- Supports the tonal and emotional intricacies of five languages: English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese
- API support
GliaStar comes with free demo access to the AI animation software, but once you create the video, you’ll be required to pay for commercial rights.
It doesn’t have a set premium plan, but you can request a quote, and they’ll get back to you with full package details.
GliaStar is best for creating an AI-animated mascot with just a few text inputs. It makes beautifully designed characters that can enhance your brand awareness and create an emotional connection with your audience.
Common Questions About AI Animation Generators
What Are AI Animation Generators?
AI animation generators are useful computer programs that create animations using artificial intelligence and machine learning. They can use any piece of information you provide, such as text, images, motion capture data, or scripts, to create animations. The more insights you provide, the more the AI has to work with, and the better the animation or results can be.
Can AI Produce Animation?
Yes. AI animation tools use AI algorithms and machine learning to do so. They produce sophisticated, personalized animations based on your inputs and vision. Some apps include a drag-and-drop feature that helps you nudge the AI animation software in the right direction.
Which AI Tool Is for Generating Animations?
There are tons of AI tools for creating animations, but it depends on what kinds of animations you want and their purpose. Some can help you create marketing content, while others can go into professional filmmaking and post-production.
How Do I Create an AI Video for Free?
Lots of AI animation generators offer a free trial period where you can create AI videos without paying or entering your credit card details. However, you might be stuck with a watermark or outro video. Some of the best AI animation generators with a free plan include RenderForest, Raw Shorts, Blender, and Animaker.
Can AI Make 3D Animation?
Yes. AI animation generators incorporate 3D modeling tools that can help you create 3D animations. AI technology has become advanced enough to bring realistic textures, facial expressions, and animation characters to life. It eliminates the need for manual animation and makes it easier to clean up and fine-tune motion capture data.
Final Thoughts on AI Animation Software
A few years ago, being able to create an animation out of thin air was closer to witchcraft than reality. Today, AI animation software is a lifesaver for animators, marketers, business owners, and social media specialists.
You can create all the characters, animations, textures, visual effects, and styles of animation you want with the click of a button. They’re perfect for slideshows, presentations, explainer videos, and even movies.
These AI animation generators can create anything you need with the right inputs, skills, and imagination. The sky’s the limit.
Interested in AI software? Check out these other great articles: